* METRO FC employs a full-time Director of Coaching. Kevin Arcuri (USSF "A" License, US National Youth License, NSCAA Regional Goalkeeping Diploma, Region II ODP Staff, and Former NCAA Division I College Coach) is responsible for making club wide soccer decisions. Unlike many clubs, Kevin makes the soccer decisions based what is best for the players,teams, and the club. The METRO FC Board makes the non-soccer decisions based on also what is best for the club and the families involved
* Our training staff is second to none. We have the most qualified and experienced coaching and training staff in the Dayton area. On staff, we have local college coaches from Wright State, The University of Dayton, and Wittenberg University. Metro FC has the MOST USSF and NSCAA Nationally licensed coaches (C License or higher) in the area. In addition to our NATIONALLY licensed staff and college coaches, we also have some of the area’s finest high school coaches around! For more information on our coaching and training staff, please click on the coaching staff page on our home page.
* METRO FC has a unified and cohesive club goal of developing future soccer players to have a passion for the game, develop technical skills, improve tactical awareness, and develop a competitive attitude...all while having fun and enjoying the best soccer experience in town!
* Delco Park is the area’s only irrigated soccer facility. METRO plays their home games at Delco park and uses various training facilities local to the Kettering area. METRO FC has a great working relationship with Kettering Parks and Rec and Kettering Schools.
* METRO FC offers professional club training to each team once per week. In addition to professional team training, METRO FC also offers goalkeeping training, small sided games, juggling club, a club wide summer camp and other additional training opportunities. The training curriculum is age and developmentally appropriate and designed and implemented by METRO Director of Coaching, Kevin Arcuri.
* METRO offers an open door training policy. If your child can’t make their regularly scheduled session due to a conflict, or they just want more training, they can attend any other training session they choose throughout the week.
* METRO’s main goal is to develop better soccer players. Player development is the primary focus within our competitive program. Our players will learn the skills and tactical concepts that they will need to achieve a higher level of success. Our players will play multiple positions, get ample amounts of playing time, and be placed in training environments where learning is the most important goal. We are not a ’win at all costs’ organization. It is more important to Metro to teach kids the proper way to play the game, than to win playing the wrong way. Our job is to help our players become the best they can be and achieve the highest level of playing that THEY choose.
* METRO offers different levels of competition for players of all skill levels. Players are placed on teams that are best suited for their development. Teams will play in appropriate league divisions based on their collective abilities. At METRO, the "A" team is called METRO FC Rapids, the "B" team is METRO FC White, and the "C" team is METRO FC Blue. In some age groups, we may have two Rapids teams. In the u8-u10 age groups, we generally will follow an A-B-B format when selecting teams.
* METRO FC teams play in the following leagues: Miami Valley Youth Soccer Association, Buckeye Premier League, and the Midwest Regional League.
* METRO is a full-service soccer organization. We offer the Metro Jr.’s recreational program for younger players new to the game, a youth competitive program, and a high school aged program. Players could realistically start in Metro at age 5 and play through 18...all in one club!
* METRO FC is a strong supporter of the Olympic Development Program (ODP).
* METRO FC co-hosts the Ohio High School Challenge. The OHSC is a Varsity High School college recruiting event, held in August.
* METRO FC provides guidance in the area of college soccer recruiting. We host a ’college night’ that is open to all players. The college night focuses on the recruiting process,NCAA Rules, how to get recruited, and other valuable information.
* METRO FC has a strong working relationship with the soccer programs of the University of Dayton ,Wright State University, and Wittenberg University. The club also has a relationship with Major League Soccer's Columbus Crew.
* METRO receives club wide support from Adidas.
* METRO Coaches provide written evaluations to their players throughout the fall and spring seasons.
* METRO coaches attend soccer educational opportunities to develop their abilities as coaches.